Piperies Gemistes me Feta
Peppers Stuffed with Feta
This meze from Macedonia is essentially a sweet florina stuffed pepper of feta, yogurt and two basic herbs (oregano and parsley) with lemon zest.
- Find your sweet yummy peppers. This is the first most important thing. I have great admiration for a dish with the fewest ingredients. This insists on the attention to the quality of every single product, every oil, every spice, especially every featured ingredient that is a showcase of the plate.
- Place the peppers under a broiler, turn once, about 5 minutes.
- Remove, let rest and cool.
- Make filling. 9 Oz. feta. 2 TBSP Greek yogurt. Fresh Italian Parsley and Oregano and some lemon zest to taste. 2 egg yolks. Mix and chill. Mixture should be firm. Terri-Lynn likes it more runny so it oozes out while cooking and makes a crusty cheese thing around the pepper, we both have our own preference.
- Slit roasted peppers from the top to the bottom as seen in the picture. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes to set. This is a Very important step I have skipped in the past. It makes a big difference in the outcome.
- Broil until cheese bubbles, about 15 minutes. Take out. Eat.